The Association of International Early Childhood Education is excited to present a workshop for early childhood educators by Dr. Felicity Crawford. This event is co-sponsored by the Tokyo Association of International Preschools (TAIP).
- What is self-regulation and why is it important for young learners?
- In what ways will you help young learners develop self-regulatory skills?
- Overview and justification for attending to children’s Social Emotional Learning (SEL)
- Recent Research Findings on SEL and Implications for Developing Young Learners’ Emotional Intelligence
- SEL and children with Autism
- Sample of SEL program: Interpersonal Cognitive Problem Solving (I Can Problem Solve) & other strategies
Date: Sunday, October 8th, 2017
Time: 9:00-12:00 Part One
13:00-16:00 Part Two
Place: Tokyo Children’s Garden
(101 Nagata House Ikedayama,
5-11-1 Higashi Gotanda, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo 141-0022)
Fee: TAIP Members 9,000 yen (+8% tax)
Non-Members 14,000 (+8% tax)